Nike's Psyche

An outlet for my peaceful ponderings with, perhaps, the occasional rant.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

What doesn't kill us . . .


Only makes us stronger, right? I really did not mean for a week to pass before I blogged again. But, since I started this job, each new issue has presented a new hurdle. From losing my administrative assistant to shortened deadlines and holidays, I've had to deal with new problems. In addition, we've added three more "editorial" pieces, which means, essentially, three more interviews to set up, take photos of and write. But, this issue takes the cake. My editorial assistant, Leila, is in the hospital with heart problems (but doing significantly better THANK GOD!) so not only am I doing my work, but hers as well. Can an editor edit herself? Meanwhile, our deadline is a day early and my publisher tells me Monday that I need to do a "back to school" issue. I must have looked shocked because he relented and said, "can you add some back-to-school" articles?" I had already planned a day trip to Cumberland Island issue. But, I am trying to pull all this together.
So, as Mrs. Potts says in Beauty and the Beast, "Don't worry my dear, it will all turn out right in the end."

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger King of Peace said…

    I thought it was "That which doesn't make us stronger kills us." I hate it when I get those things backwards. Your post reminds me of the saying, "We the willing, led by the unknowing, have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

    It will get better though. Right?

    -Frank

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger CS said…

    Just got off the phone with a crisis call, reassuring the person that things would get better. I just have assume that's true.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    And this makes me think of a card I saw years ago, which obviously made a big impression on me! It said: They told me, "Cheer up! Thnigs could get worse!" (inside) So I cheered up,and sure enough! Things got worse!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
RevGalBlogPals
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next