Nike's Psyche

An outlet for my peaceful ponderings with, perhaps, the occasional rant.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Peace be with you


OK, fiction met with underwhelming success and following this past weekend, I could use some really peaceful thoughts . . .

I am Peace
Surrounded by Peace
Secure in Peace.
Peace protects me
Peace supports me
Peace is in me
Peace is mine -- All is well.
Peace to all beings
Peace from all beings
I am steeped in Peace
Absorbed in Peace
In the streets, at our work,
Having peaceful thoughts,
Peaceful words, peaceful acts.
--A Buddhist meditation

Or, to echo Christ's words in our Gospel reading today: "Peace. Be still."

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Sending peaceful thoughts!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    I cannot help but think of St. Patrick's breastplate when I read this post.

    Your blog would fit in nicely with Rev Gal Pals group of women (and men), clergy and lay.
    http://revgalblogpals.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
RevGalBlogPals
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next