Nike's Psyche

An outlet for my peaceful ponderings with, perhaps, the occasional rant.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Beatitudes


Blessed are the poor in spirit:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn:
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness:
for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful:
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart:
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers:
for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

matthew 5:3-10 -Jesus

AMEN!

I wasn't going to add to this but I had something happen to me tonight that I had to share. I was starving after work, never had time for lunch, and I went to Locos Deli for supper. First, being a single female, I was seated at the very back of the restaurant. Then, I started to notice who was seated in front of me (we were in booths along a wall) - a couple of Hispanic women. Later, an African-American family arrived and they were seated in the back as well, at a couple of tables pulled together. Somehow, I felt as if we had all been relegated to the minority corner. In front, closer to the door, everyone was caucasian or in groups of two or more. You tell me.
On another note, it was a God-incidence of some kind that I was seated under a picture of Christ Church, Frederica. The only Episcopal presence in the place.
So, for our new FEMALE presiding bishop -- all I can say is Thank God and may God be with you during the trying times to come.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Interesting, Vic.
    I watched an episode last night of "Shalom in the Home," a series on TLC with a traveling rabbi who tries to bring peace into troubled homes. The husband last night , I think, never "got it." He felt perfectly justified in correcting his wife in the same tone of voice (angry and sarcastic) in which he corrected their daughter. The wife reacted by shutting down completely. The child reacted by becoming a monster.
    What's this got to do with what you wrote? Just that women still have a long way to go in many cases.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger CS said…

    Sometimes the minority corner is the most interesting place to be. C

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
RevGalBlogPals
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next